Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Drink Like a Champion Today

The Sabres win tonight to finish out the 6 game road trip 4-2, not shabby. Miller was very good and they had a strong third period after starting off slowly in the first. I will be in attendance Thursday night as the hated Philadelphia Flyers will be in town. I am sure there will be a lot of obnoxious Flyer fans there.


Anyway, the stretch of games the Sabes have coming up will go a long way in determining if they can climb atop the Eastern Conference or will be happy to just be in the playoffs by opening on the road.

Check out the schedule:
Feb 2: Philly
Feb 4: Ottawa
Feb 7: at Montreal
Feb 9: Montreal
Feb 11: Florida
Feb 12: at Carolina - Then Olympic break. Word.

Oh yeah, how much of a big douche does Don Waddell (Thrashers GM and US Men's Olympic Hockey GM) look for not taking Ryan Miller as the US goalie.

February 1st marks the one year birthday of this blog. For some reason I felt I needed to post a picture I took of The Hip, relate a story about how my dog shit on my rug (which happened roughly about 3 times this year - not bad), and then thought it was interesting that I added two curse words to the spell checker. Also that first day Geoff shared a humorous scene from Napoleon Dynamite, and told a true story about our friend Dave's insane father, Art. Anyway, its strange to think that I am actually still posting a year later. I really love myself and I think that what I have to say is IMPORTANT.

Go check out some SUPERBOWL XL COVERAGE. Also, check out Big Ben partying with some ladies.