Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Blow At High Dough



Clever bathroom design, eh fellas. (via my most greek friend)

The new Tragically Hip Box Set Hipeponymous (what ever that means) is out today. Buy it here. Speaking of The Hip could this mean the end for one of my all time favorite bands ever? And I don't mean end as in they they will never put out another record, I am sure they have two or three left in them. I mean will they ever put out another bad-ass record? Phantom Power was truly their last record in which really was above an 8 (using the 8 out of 10 scale, obviously). In fact I don't know if I would put any of their last 3 albums higher than a 7, you are allowed to give .5's in the scale I have traditionally used, or 7 "plusses" if you are Geoff. Anyway, I would give 5 Hip album an 8 or above.
1. Fully Completely 9+ (best ever, no doubt)
2. Phantom Power 9
3. Day For Night 8+
4. Up To Here 8
5. Trouble At the Henhouse 8

I would also give Live Between Us an 8+ but it is a live album and does not count. So, back to the question, does the band who I have seen live 17 times have another "8 or above" record in them?

Mark Gaughan runs down how GOD-AWFUL the Bills offense has been this year in today's Buffalo News. Very depressing read. Can we please give the ball back to JP Losman and shoot for next year? PLEASE?! There is no way the Bills go to the playoffs - let alone win the AFC East. I am the most optimistic Bills fan in the world but they have MAJOR problems on offense and defense. It is time to let JP learn like the Giants let Eli Manning learn last year. Speaking of next year, I am officially giving Donohoe next year to get to the playoffs - if no playoffs next year I say buh-bye Tom Donohoe.

At least Paris Hilton knows how to dress for Halloween.