Friday, October 21, 2005

New Toys

Within a weeks time I'm down about $220.00 playing poker. I thought it was a great idea to play some intoxicated Pot Limit Omaha the other night and lost a hundo in about 30 minutes. I also lost my ass at the season opener of the get-smashed-on-all-types-of-unhealthy-stubstances-dealer-choice-game I play in on Friday's in the winter. At least I can blame my failures to being smashed.

In other news, I got myself a brand spanking new PC and a 19 inch monitor (which goes a long way when checking out hi-res photos of Jessica Alba playing video games with hip hop brothas) to keep myself busy with for the next few months.

For those in the crowd who like to be updated on NEW music check out this roundup on the best MP3 blogs in the blogosphere. -via whatevs.

Speaking of music, I must say that I HIGHLY RECOMEND "Apologies To Queen Mary" by WOLF PARADE. I feel so strongly about this I give you a FTIT first...an MP3 for you to download:

Shine A Light - Wolf Parade - Great Song

Actually while we are talking music, check out this whole post at Brooklyn Vegan about who will be the next Arcade Fire. If you don't know who Arcade Fire is then I suppose you didn't make to this point in this post.