Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Love Football

We are about 24 hours away from some real live NFL football, yeah bitch. I love all four major sports (I still have to categorize hockey as a major sport because Bflo has an NHL team and I would be yelled at by the diehard hockey fans of Buffalo if I dismissed it) but I do not get nearly as excited about the beginning of a sports season like I do football. It is not even close. So with tomorrow night the beginning of the football season, and the Bills season opener on Sunday here are my Bills predictions and my NFL playoff / superbowl predictions.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I pray to the lord Jesus H. Christ JP learns to slide by Sunday

Ok, for the Bills I am going with 10 - 6 and a wildcard playoff berth. I admit to being the most optimistic Bills fan in Buffalo, but the Bills defense is going to be one of the best in the league and McGahee will have a huge year (1500 yds and 15 TDS). Its going to be a rollercoaster ride with JP, but I think he will be good enough to not kill them - if that makes any sense. Peter King thinks the Bills will be a wild card team as well, so I am not alone and completely crazy. Peter King rocks.

On with the predictions. I think the Patriots will win the East, although they will not be nearly as dominant as the past few years. The Chargers will win the West, the Steelers will win the North, and the Colts win the South easily. I like the Ravens despite Kyle Boller as your other AFC Wild Card team.

The Colts FINALLY beat the Patriots for the AFC Championship.

In the NFC I like the Eagles, Rams, Vikings, and Panthers to win their divisions. And the Packers and Falcons as your wildcards. I think the Eagles beat the Panthers to go back to the Superbowl and lose to the Colts. The Eagles will be compared to the 90's Bills. Peyton Manning is the best QB ever and blah blah blah. These are my fearless prediction.

I'm thinking I will also use this here blog to share with you my weekly wagers I make on football. At least I will do this until I get too lazy or start losing really badly. Anyway I am looking at the Patriots (-7 1/2) over the Raiders tomorrow night. I do hope this is a high scoring game in which Randy Moss catches 12 balls for 200 yards and 3 td's for fantasy purposes, and it is tough to root for the Patriots, but I see them winning easily over the Raiders. I'm also liking the Rams (-6 1/2) over the 49ers and the Vikings (6 1/2) at home over the Bucs. The Bills are -6 at home over the Texans which is intriguing but I am going to try and follow the rule to never ever bet for or against the Bills.

In closing it warms my heart to see Jessica Alba leaving a Taco Shop with a big bag of food.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
via umc