Sunday, May 08, 2005

rockin' the knox

rockin da knox
As I mentioned the other day Wilco will be playing The Albright Knox Art Gallery on June 29th. Apparently this event is called Rockin' at the Knox and will be "curated" by my favorite Buffalo celebrity Robby Takac, aka Robby GOO.
Tickets went on sale yesterday, $40 bucks a pop through Ticketmaster, which is a bargain compared to the U2 tickets I purchased a few months ago (Bono better let me get up on stage with him and sing "With or Without You" for the price I paid). Anyway, it looks like it is a general admission show, and there will be multiple bands - My Morning Jacket is the only other band I know of right now, I'm assuming there will be some local acts as well. I'm already planning taking the 30th off - I have a feeling the beer will be flowing like wine on the 29th.