Monday, May 09, 2005

boogie nights

I've been spending an amazingly unhealthy amount of time on IMDb lately. What a great site - between the memorable quotes and trivia you can really get lost - for instance I found out that Frankie Carbone from Goodfellas was in both The Godfather I and II. Where else can you find valuable information like this?

Anyway, I came across Boogie Nights this morning which is definitely a classic flick that would have to be in my top ten of all time - somewhere probably between Heat and Pulp Fiction. Here are some of the memorable quotes that caused me to think back to those good old days when I would think nothing of seeing a movie 3 or 4 times in a movie theatre:
  • Jack Horner: I got a feeling that behind those jeans is something wonderful just waiting to get out.
  • Rollergirl: [to Amber in a documentary about Dirk] He can fuck really hard or he can fuck really gently. He's the best.
  • Little Bill: My wife has an ass in her cock in the driveway, all right. I'm sorry if my thoughts are not on the photography of the film we're shooting tomorrow.
and my personal favorite:
  • Floyd Gondolli: I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.
The Trivia is what really got me though:

optimus prime