Thursday, February 03, 2005

Some New Reviews

Some new music I've purchased...

Damien Rice, "O" - 8+ out of 10.
This is an absolutely gorgeous album. It's fairly slow, but passionate and haunting. It's a great disc to put on, dim the lights, and cry your eyes out. I think this album came out in 2003, so I cant wait until he releases something new.

Snow Patrol, "Final Straw" - 8 out of 10.
Very, very solid, with a few standouts. It's the type of album that you can get into right away. It doesnt take more than one listen to "get" it. Very catchy and fun.

Bill Janovitz and Crown Victora, "Fireworks on TV" - 7 out of 10.
I could be actually underrating this cd just because it has a been a little overshadowed, for me, by the two albums I reviewed above. It is also very solid. If you like Buffalo Tom, you'll like this disc. It's great driving music.

That's it for now.