Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Movies

Recently I signed up for Blockbuster Online, so I now have a constant stream of movies delivered to my house. It really is great, no driving to Blockbuster, looking around for 45 mins just to settle on renting some awful shit like "Laws of Attraction".
Here are some of the movies I have recently watched along with comments and ratings, using the tried and true method of 1-10.

Without further adieu:
"Alien Vs. Predator" = 6+
I must say when I realized that it was rated PG-13 I almost did not watch it, but it turned out to be exactly what I expected. No plot, bad actors, and everyone is killed by both the aliens and the predators, accept for the smart one in the beginning. Definitely served its purpose.

"Friday Night Lights" = 6
I was really disappointed in this. I guess I probably ruined it by reading the book, then expecting it to live up to the book, which it did not, of course. However, I heard that this was a pretty great movie and expected more than what I got...I thought the movie tried to capture the pressure on the coach and the players to be successful, but it never really captured how the town was absolutely obsessed with high school football. I guess I just missed it. Maybe I was just tired when I watched it.

"Napoleon Dynamite" = 8
Geoff highly recommended this and he was right on. HILARIOUS. Most of the movie, I was like what the FUCK, but that was the whole point. I will be purchasing the DVD.

"Troy" = 6+
2 pts for Orlando Bloom
2 pts for Eric Bana
2+ pts for Brad Pitt