Friday, March 11, 2005

Theo Vonkurnatowski


Theo Vonkurnatowski

Ok so I ran across this after doing a google search of, "bill simmons poker", more in a sec on why I was doing a search on bill simmons poker. Anyway, Theo Von of Road Rules III and most recently Road Rules / Real World Challenges fame writes an open letter on a Reality TV chat board to Bill Simmons scolding him for ‘making fun of a bunch of young adults’. Read my favorite excerpt here from Theo,

“I read your comments about Mike ‘The Miz’ Mizanin in your column, and I’ll have you know that ‘the MIZ’ could kick the crap out of you with one leg tied behind his back. As well, if you ever come out from behind your PC and want to compete, then please give me a ring. I could beat you at anything from origami to the 400m sprint. I’d make it around the track so fast I’d have enough time to ‘pleasure your wife’, and Spell-Check your column, before you ever reach the finish line.”

ZAP! Do yourself a favor and read the whole letter. This whole thing took place a few months back, does anyone know if Simmons responded to Theo Von? Theo Von makes a joke about pleasuring the Sports Guy’s WIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Saw Interpol last night with my brother halberstram. They were EXCELLENT. Halberstram and I managed to drink 15 beers between the two of us. And that’s all I got to say about that.

This just in, a certain uncle of a certain Blogger on this certain blog thinks a certain cousin of a Blogger on this blog who happens to be also a cousin of the original certain Blogger is a horrible Girls J.V. basketball coach.

I’m watching “The Last Waltz” the classic Scorsese film that chronicles the last concert of The Band, and holy mackerel what a great movie. They start by telling you THIS FILM SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD! Martin Scorsese has a freaky jet black beard and strange 70’s hair. Fucking legends like Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Neil Diamond (who is fucking sweet) make appearances as well.

The direction is classic Scorsese. The music is fucking awesome. You almost feel like you’re on stage with these kookie canucks. It is also fucking cool as a shit that fucking legends like Neil Young (another cookie kanuck) says shit like, “It is one of the pleasures of life to be able to be on stage with these people” (THE BAND). And if that doesn’t get you all hot and bothered read Amazon.com’s take on Robbie Robertson, “Robbie Robertson, whose sleepy-sexy good looks make a star-caliber impression in close-up. BUY IT, GODDAMIT. By the way I’m going as Dr. John for Halloween next year.

Ok, back to why I was looking up "bill simmons poker". I'll be flying to Vegas tomorrow and I am going to hit the Texas No Limit Hold Em tables. I remember Simmons answering a question about where he prefers to play poker. Never found the article, but I managed to waste a whole bunch of time writing about Theo Von threatening to "pleasure" the Sports Guys Wife!