Monday, November 21, 2005

Long Winter Ahead

WGR was actually very good today. The "whiner line" made me laugh (people really hate Josh Reed - deservedly so) and Jerry Sullivan is not even playing the I told you so this team is bad card, he very easily could. Sullivan actually sounded like he felt bad for the loyal fans of Buffalo because the product on the field has been nothing but mediocre for the past 5 years, and by the way, it will probably get worse before it gets better...Anyway, I think the local media in a weird way is bored constantly criticizing the Bills, how fun can it be talking about how bad something is all the time?

And now some rare NBA talk on FTIT. I am officially on the Cleveland Cavs / LeBron James bandwagon. Here is a Great quote on LeBron:
'He's not 20 years old. No way. I'm going to have to see a birth certificate or something.' -- Antawn Jamison, on LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers - from Sports Guy's website
I'd have to agree with Mr. Jamison, LeBron has been ridiculously awesome and the Cavs are 8-2. HE IS 20!?!?!

Back to Buffalo sports for a second. In my pissed off state this morning I mentioned the Sabres as winning 2 in a row, they have actually won 3 in a row. They also have some very winable games coming up to close out November. This town really needs the Sabres to make a playoff appearance. Going deep into the playoffs could help also. Schedule @ 550.

More JA in cable knit sweaters helps too:

More @ jmazone

Finally I would like to remind everyone that that the busy holiday season is kicking off. You all know that means lots of Holiday party's to attend and that means lots of alcohol to drink. So, take my advice, drink lots of water for hydration, eat lots of food which will be plenty available at holiday parties for the most part - for a base, and most importantly enjoy it. The Holiday Season is suppose to be very fun and January and February are very cold (in BFLO) and everyone likes to stay inside.